Thread: internet connection problems/hang-ups

internet connection problems/hang-ups

i recently starting having problems with hang ups on the internet and not being able to stay connected to some programs. I am not a expert on the computer so i will try to explain this the best i can. about 3 weeks ago i started having problems connecting to a video game i play online, and to a voice chat server i use. i put in my login ID and password, it connects to the video game but it will hang up on the authentication section of the game as if it is lagging out. there has been a second issue that started at the same time with the voice server and i believe they are connected in some way. When i log into the voice server it will connect for a brief second then it will hang up and disconnect, it will do this on average of 5-20 times before connecting but it will be extremely lagged out. this happend on both computers i own and i have replaced all common parts of my computer. I use windows xp sp3, i have replaced my router, replaced my modem, formated both computers, have had nothing on either computer except the two programs i am refering too and i still have the same problems. it seems to have been a update with windows that is possibly interferring with any program that stays connected, or has a login. i have noticed huge hang ups on my email accounts, facebook, myspace, basically anythign that requires a login. i have conntacted tech support for both of the companies for the game and the voice chat and there seems to be no problems that they can find after 3 weeks of constant contact with them. i have tried to run these programs with the firewall off, with no antivirus installed after a fresh format, with all startup programs disabled, i ahve updated all of my drivers and the problem still continues. any help would be much appreciated. also i am on a broadband connection 100mbps
    Last edited by vector212; 31-08-2009 at 05:52 PM.

Re: internet connection problems/hang-ups

Broadband connections uses ethernet as a medium to connect to the internet, Ethernet [Lan card] has a port of 100Mbps. It doesn't mean that your net speed is 100mbps, this speed is not yet available in the whole world. Also this speed can be achieved only on local area connection [local network]. Also if the speed you are now having is decreased [or you can feel it], this can be a virus which may be eating up your bandwidth.