Thread: What Causes No beep on boot

What Causes No beep on boot

hello , My computer starts with no beep at boot up. i would like to ask Is it normal? can you tell me what causes No beep on boot , please help me thanks in advance

Dr. V Guest

Re: What Causes No beep on boot

If everything is correct, the BIOS generally will issue a short beep, indicating that there is no error. There are a number of possible causes for no beeps as like for example The POST would not have started to run. or something else like internal speaker is not working , as The internal speaker is there only to make a few beeps on startup primarily for diagnostic purposes.

Have you tried to reset the bios with the jumper on the motherboard? or possibly remove the PC power supply and battery backup from bios for 30 minutes? Any of the following may be your problem: Faulty Power Supply Unit or overheating. you could be needed a CMOS clear or maybe the The internal speaker is not functional, so you cannot hear any beeps even if they are generated by the POST.

This is a major equipment problem! Either the motherboard or processor (CPU) is bad . It it necessary to try the processor on another motherboard to determine it is working properly ,also Note however, in rare cases it may be that the "internal speaker" of the the PC is faulty, in which case you might want to see the disk activity led for confirmation .

Why my pc everytime asking for F1 key to press for booting

I think you don't have Floppy Drive and your computer is giving you floppy drive error so F1 has to be pressed, to disable floppy drive go to bios and go to the first option, there select first removable drive[floppy drive] disable of none. Thia will be done. If the error is about wrong BIOS settings may be your BIOS battery is dead, replace the BIOS battery and set correct time and date and then save setting, then this error will not be shown on every boot.