Thread: What program plays .rar files

What program plays .rar files

Hello,

I am new to computer, I have downloaded some files which are in .Rar format but I dont know how to open them. When i try to open them i get a pop up saying Choose program from list to open files. Which software can be used to open .rar files. I also have some ISO files. Please help me!!!

Thank you

Re: What program plays .rar files

7-Zip can compress your folders and files so they use less space on your hard drive. The program is able to create archives formats 7z, TAR, Gzip, Bzip2 and ZIP. It can open many formats such as 7z, ZIP, CAB, RAR, ARJ, gzip, bzip2, TAR, CPIO, RPM and DEB. To distribute your files, you can create self-extracting archives from your 7z archives.

BitZipper is a compression utility easy to use data that supports over 44 compression formats and encoding. BitZipper is fully compatible with most formats such as ZIP, RAR (WinRAR), ACE (WinAce) and 7ZIP. It also allows better compression of data through open format 7ZIP.

WinRAR is one of the flagship software in the field of file compression. As its name suggests, the software manages RARLAB obviously its file format (RAR) but also the inevitable ZIP and decompression formats * CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, tar.gz, BZ2, TAR.BZ2, ACE, UUE, JAR, ISO (ISO9660 - CD image), and Z 7Z
    Like its competitors, WinRAR integrates with Windows Explorer and can thus compress and decompress files from the context menu. For mainstream users, this feature may be sufficient but WinRAR also includes more advanced options such as the protection of archives by creating volumes of food, adding passwords, test archived files or a module for benchmarking test the compression performance of your PC.