Thread: Cable card support for MAC OS

Cable card support for MAC OS

Hi,,
    Why MAC does not support cable card here. I want to add up media center pc at my home. I already have a MAC Desktop system. I want to buy a new media center pc in MAC only. So what are the available solutions for the same. There are ample of services and hardware available for Windows. But what about MAC. Does anyone uses a MAC home theater system. If yes then will it give more flexibility as Windows give.

Dr. V Guest

Re: Cable card support for MAC OS

Currently I am not sure that MAC supports a Cable card standard. That is the reason you receive a very less solution when you try to run a media center on MAC PC. In this field Windows systems are most flexible. Many user faces a the issue is catching OTA channels on MAC TV. Cable card is actually a standard of broadcasting service which decrypts HD channels on your screen. Here there are multiple problem like scrambled service, digital cable problem, etc. ATI is currently providing a cable card for the MAC computers. This units are sold as as standalone with Vista PC.

I will recommend you to use MAC Mini pc. MAC mini is equipped with media center service. Here you can use the pc as a media server which is launched long time before. It has separate speaker system which is easily manageable. The system supports Dolby Digital surround sound system. The system supports a digital cable service. I am not sure about the cable card thing. But if you want a media center solution in MAC then this can help you out.

Simply go for any MAC home theater system pc. The entire system comes with integrated hard ware support. All media center pc comes with a EyeTv support. The EyeTV is the media center software in MAC pc. It comes with a separate hard disk space and a tuner card. But this is suitable for standard digital cable service. The cable card support will be a doubtful. Still there are new upcoming models in mac so you can wait for some time.