Thread: Pros & Cons for Linux servers

Pros & Cons for Linux servers

Hi friends,

I am planning to get a web space for my website when i connect my hosting provider they gave me two option either to go with Linux or Windows Server. When i ask some of my friends about the web server they told me to go with Linux server but they don't have much more information about it. Can anyone provide me some information about it Pros & Cons for Linux. Thanks in Advance.

I would suggest you go with Linux because Linux is an open-source operating system where the source code is completely open to the public and at the same time it also allows users to modify its code to suit their needs. In this, the linux server hosting company allocates you the rights to create and launch your own web site as per your needs and requirements. Such services are quite similar to typical leasing services wherein your ownership rights are limited by the time period specified in the contract. In effect, you pay rent for the period you use the virtual Linux hosting services and relinquish your ownership rights at the end of the contract period. A typical virtual Linux hosting service usually offers various utilities and features such as domain servers, Internet connection services, domain name registration, limited file and data storage, directory services, etc

I would suggest you to go with Windows Server because some software won’t work. Some software written for Windows won’t translate to Linux. The debate between Linux, Windows, and Mac users about which system is better has no right or wrong side. Upgrades can take too long to come out and cost too much, in additional to causing their own problems. Bugs can be redefined as "features" or never admitted in order to limit corporate liability. Each has strengths and drawbacks. It’s important to evaluate your own technical needs and abilities before making the switch.