Thread: Change KMS activation to Vista Loader

Change KMS activation to Vista Loader

Hi friends,

I am using License copy of Windows Vista using key management server (KMS). Now i want to install SP1 for that i have to change the Vista Loader method, so i have download Windows Vista Activator. After that i have change the key to by using Install Optional Key and then clicked on Activate and reboot, but after doing this when i tried to log in, Vista changed to the reduced functionality mode. Does anyone know how to change the KMS activation to the Vista Loader method without re-installing. Thanks in Advance.

KMS activation to Vista Loader

If you really want to change KMS activation to Vista Loader then you need to first setup your Internet access by clicking on Start then goto ACCESSORIES, then run COMMAND PROMPT as admin. Now in the command prompt type cscript c:\windows\system32\slmgr.vbs -skms kms.vbs.net.cn OR cscript c:\windows\system32\slmgr.vbs -skms vbs.net.cn. After that wait for respose and then type cscript C:\windows\system32\slmgr.vbs -ato, this will take some time for your Vista edition to get activated.

I have try to the above things which you have mentioned, but with that also i was not able to change the KMS activation to the Vista Loader method. Does anyone know any alternative method apart from this and i really don't want to reinstall it. You simple idea would be very helpful for me.

Dr. V Guest

I was also not able to change KMS activation to Vista loader and when i told my friend about it, he told me to replace the \Windows\System32\Licensing\pkeyconfig\pkeyconfig. xrm-ms with the OEM Vista edition. Then run the following command \Windows\System32\sysprep\sysprep.exe /generalize /oobe /reboot after which i was able to enlightened with "Windows activated". Try to follow the above mention things hope it works for you too.