Thread: Boot img file

Boot img file

Hello, I'm searching for the windows xp boot img file, i really need it. Please direct me where i can get this. Thanks for any help.

Re: Boot img

Why you need the WIndows xp boot img file? Don't you have the XP installation CD? Getting the installation CD copy from elsewhere can make you in trouble.

I want to make the bootable cd. I have lost my current xp installation cd, so i'm making the another xp installation disk. Can you help me with this? Where i can download it?

You can obtain Windows XP Setup boot disks from Microsoft, but only by download. We provide the Setup boot disks so that you can run the Setup program on computers that cannot use a bootable CD-ROM. If you can start your computer from a CD-ROM or from a network-based installation, we strongly recommend that you use those installation methods instead.

You should download the Setup disks if all the following conditions are true:
    • You are installing a new, full retail version of Windows XP.
    • Note An upgrade installation of Windows XP does not require the Setup disks.
    • You have a working CD drive, but you cannot start your computer from your CD-ROM.
    • You can start your computer from a floppy disk drive.

Note The Windows XP installation CD-ROM is a startup disk and can be used to start Windows. When you use the Windows XP installation CD-ROM to start your computer, you can use the Windows Recovery Console to help recover the system software.

More : How to obtain Windows XP Setup disks for a floppy boot installation

Re: Boot img file

The boot.img is an image file provided on the CDs to install Linux It's not an ISO file, but an IMG file. (someone has any idea for making conversions?) the image does not seem to be NTRawrite usable

Re: Boot img file

On the following website: On the following website: http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm there are image files of boot floppies. but you can open them with WinImage and do a "save as" choosing the format. "IMA". The *. ima obtained is NTRawrite usable