Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Stop 7b Error During Windows Xp Setup

Operating Systems

Old 26-08-2009

Stop 7b Error During Windows Xp Setup

Hello , I Have a Dell computer with 4 gb Ram , 250 gb harddisk , the problem is that i am gettting Stop 7b Error During Windows Xp Setup , Can You tell me Why i am Getting Stop 7b Error During Windows Xp Setup , as my Pc is new , please Help me solve this problem , thanks in advance

Old 26-08-2009

Re: Stop 7b Error During Windows Xp Setup

Simply adjust the BIOS from the SATA mode to IDE

If you can not find the proper SATA drivers, or if it does not work for you, a final solution is to disable SATA from the BIOS, only this may decrease the performance of your hard drive.
  • Access the BIOS setup.
  • Navigating the BIOS, and look for the option to disable SATA.
  • Save the BIOS option, and restart the Windows XP installation.
  • If you do not find this option, sometimes updating the BIOS can add it.
Old 26-08-2009

During an unattended installation of Windows XP where you have set the Repartition option to Yes, when you press F6 to load drivers, the process may generate a STOP 7b error at the end of the installation in text mode Setup.To work around this problem, do not set the Repartition option to Yes if you must install a driver memory controller of a third party vendor.
Old 26-08-2009

This problem Stop 7b Error may occur if one or more conditions are met:
  • Your computer has a virus in the boot sector.
  • A device driver required by your boot controller is not configured to start at start time or is corrupt.
  • A resource conflict exists between the boot controller and another controller in the system or between SCSI devices.
  • The boot volume is corrupt and can not be mounted by Windows NT.
  • The boot volume is corrupt and can not be mounted by Windows NT.
  • Information in the registry on Windows NT device drivers loaded at startup are corrupted.
  • If this error occurs during installation of Windows NT when reading the installation disk 2 Windows NT, the Disk Swapping option can be enabled in the BIOS of your computer.
  • If you run Setup from a bootable CD-ROM drive , you may receive a STOP error message 7B because the installer does not allow you to add a third-party SCSI driver when you boot from the CD-ROM drives.
Old 18-11-2011

ThumbsUp Re: Stop 7b Error During Windows Xp Setup

Hello Everyone,

I was getting BSOD error called Stop Error in Windows XP from last fews days and i would like to THANKS to this site as i just changed my BIOS setting to IDE and i was able to run windows XP setup.

Thanks you very much....

Aman Sharma

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , ,