Thread: Mac won't start, white light problem

Mac won't start, white light problem

Hi,

I have a Power Macintosh 4400. It suddenly won't start up. The small white light turned on before it starts but it did not make the start up sound and nothing popped up on the screen. I waited for about 30 seconds, and shut it off again. It seemed that even when the charger was plugged in it wouldn't charge. I thought maybe I just needed to plug it in harder, which helped a bit. Can anyone help?? Many thanks in advance!

Re: Mac won't start, white light problem

Sounds like you already have to boot with the CD, but there were no problems. Turn on your Mac and hold down cmd-opt-PR to zap the PRAM. Do this until it is in line three or four times. Then boot from the CD system. When booting from this CD, go to Control Panel and select Startup Disk to boot the internal HD.

I think its the problem with the power supply or motherboard. As you said, when you connect your computer to light out at first. First the pc should start then the light should be ON. I think you have a power problem, change your power suppy and see what happens.

Let's try to start up from the operating system disk, put the disc into the computer and press the power button and hold down the C key until u get the configuration screen. On that screen above, you have the utilities and under the disk utility, select and try to repair disk permissions and repair disk. If u do not have the disk or the computer can boot into single user mode (Hold apple + s) until a black screen with white text and then type fsck-fy and see what happens!