Thread: How to play WMV videos on MAC OS

How to play WMV videos on MAC OS

I need some urgent help from you guys.. I have some video clips of my Office that are saved in WMV format. Now as i am using MAC operating system, those files are unable to play and i need to watch them anyhow. Could you guys please suggest me anyway to play WMV videos on MAC OS ? Thanks in advance

Re: How to play WMV videos on MAC OS

The best and common way is VLC media player. First of all VLC is also supported by MAC operating system and secondly it can play almost all formats of audio and video. To download VLC for you MAC OS, just click on the following link:

Download VLC Media Player version 0.9.9

WMV can be easily played in Windows Media Player. Now fortunately WMP is also available for MAC OS. Sporting a new brushed steel skin for Apple's newest operating system, this new version of our player opens the world of Windows Media 9 content to Macintosh users, enabling them to access the best audio and video on the web. New plug-in support added for Internet Explorer, Netscape and Safari enables playback of Windows Media files right from the browser. Optimized specifically for the Macintosh, the player provides intuitive design, reliable performance, and compatibility with most popular Macintosh models and system software. If you don't have Mac OS X, get the Windows Media Player for Mac 7.1 which runs on the Mac Classic OS.

Download Windows Media Player for MAC

I think VLC and Windows media player are the best option for you to watch WMV on Macintosh. Apart from this you can also try converting WMV to the supported format of your system. If you wonder to try it out, than just go for Video Converter Pro for Mac. It allows you to extract audios as MP3, AAC, WMA, AIFF, etc from DVD and video, convert audio to audio on Mac OS X with high quality.