Thread: uTorrent open port issue on Windows Vista

uTorrent open port issue on Windows Vista

I am using Windows Vista connected with a Linksys router. Now after i disabled upnp on both router and uTorrent, it still shows me an error as port not being forwarded. I can also see a Red icon flashing in the status bar on my Utorrent client. What is the issue ? Please help. Do i need to open a port in Windows Firewall ?

Re: uTorrent open port issue on Windows Vista

I think you need to change to a different port. Anyways, you can also try opening a port in the Windows Firewall. Here is how to do that:-

• Open Windows Firewall by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Security, and then clicking Windows Firewall.

• Click Allow a program through Windows Firewall. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

• Click Add port.

• In the Name box, type a name that will help you remember what the port is used for.

• In the Port number box, type the port number.

• Click TCP or UDP, depending on the protocol.

• To change scope for the port, click Change scope, and then click the option that you want to use.

The red icon in uTorrent is actually the listening port error. Check your network connections. If you have an Internet Gateway icon, it looks right click. Check the display icon when connected box on the bottom left. Then click the Properties button in the bottom right. Locate the program you use to download. If it 's not listed you can add. Click on the program then click edit.. Make sure you port your router peers forwarding a list of who did.

Thank you mate for the quick help. I'll try this steps and let you know the result.

hope this works for me. I appreciate your help. Thank you!!

hi,i have 2 mbps inter net connection and i am using utorrent but this software cant give speed to me spees is only 10kbps if u know how to increse speed plz.... help me what i have to dpo?. . .
    thanku You

uTorrent is a kind of download manager which is used to download the torrent applications. Follow the instructions to get a good speed in utorrent. First launch utorrent and click on Option > Preference. In Preference windows click on Advance. In the right side any value below 80 if you see then make it 80. Now value in the list should be less than 80. Leave the text and more than 2 digit numbers. Click on Ok. Now in the same Preference windows click on Bittorrent. Change the value of first three boxes on the right side. Make it 500, 500 and 3. Tick the below option of Use Additional upload.... Click OK. Now right click on the file which you are download and select Bandwidth Allocation > High. At last right click on Logger below and select Log Peer Traffic.

Under ‘Port used for incomming connections’, enter any port number. It is best to use a port number above 10000. you can Use 45682. , also checked the Allow incoming Legacy Connections option from the Options>Preferences>Network settings