Thread: No TV Signal while recording a show in MCE

No TV Signal while recording a show in MCE

Hi,
    I am facing a serious issue in my Windows Media Center PC. Recently when there was some broadcasting error so I reconfigured my entire media center pc. I had updated latest drivers for my Hauppauge TV Tuner card. Now the media center gives up the channel properly but when I try to record the channels it give out error. It is not at all recording the TV Channels. I had tried to switch to a different service but still the program does not work. I am not able to figure out issue for this. Does the drivers are causing problem. But channels are broadcast properly. Some time at the time of recording it pops up signal denoting that the TV Signal is not available. Any suggestion really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: No TV Signal while recording a show in MCE

First try to roll back your drivers. If it is a driver problem then it can solved out. Right click on My Computer and then select properties. Go to hardware tab and click on Device Manager. In the list right click on the TV Tuner card and select properties. Then from the driver tab select roll back drivers. Restart your system. If still nothing happens then try a system restore settings. Go to Start Menu > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore. In the menu click on first option and then next. Select a old date and restore it. Also check that the cable is connected properly. There is enough hard drive space available. If the space is full then delete the old recorded shows from C:\Windows\Documents & .. \Shared Doc..\recorded shows.

Have you received any decoder error. Just notice properly. If yes then you audio and video codecs int the media center is damaged or old. You have to download the latest one and install. The most common will be found on the Media Center site. Other than this you can put haali media splitter, k lite and vlc player. Download then and install them properly. Then restart your entire system and try back to record the shows. If still the problem comes out them it means that you does not have a free space on the hard disk. Check the same in my computer.

I had too faced this problem before in my laptop. Whenever I try to record the shows my screen turns to blue. Then after a force shutdown it plays. There are multiple reason behind this. The first on is a security failure issue. That means Windows Security is either not bypassing the digital signal or not allowing your TV Tuner card to read up the signals. Go to control panel and first disable all your security options. Like firewall and other thing. Run a Disk Defragmentation process from Start > Programs > Accessories > System tools > Disk Defrag..... If still you face the issue then the only way is to install a fresh copy of Media center back again.