Thread: Configure Windows Media Center

Configure Windows Media Center

Hi,
    I have a Windows Media Center 2005 operating system in my laptop. Now I had just assigned new Digital Service. The cable company had installed the set top box and receive channels properly. But when I connect that to my TV Tuner card it does not receive all channels. Second thing if I had a list of channels is there a way to back up and restore channel list. Is there a way to configure the user interface. Like change the back ground, add channels, logos, etc. Is there any way by which I can view those channel list in my computer also and edit them. Thanks in advance.

Re: Configure Windows Media Center

There is a option in Windows media center by which you can backup and restore back your system. The utility is quiet useful and reliable. This helps out to remove the job or adding files back again. The job is complicated so follow the instructions. First the media center stores your entire data in a particular drive. You can take a backup and then restore. The default folder for your Windows MCE is C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\eHome. You will see a series of folder inside it. This can back up on a CD or DVD and that can be manually copied back again.

It is possible by using a third party tool to customize your Windows Media center. This thing works easily in the Current Windows Media center 7 version. The two best thing about the product is its cross plat form support. The first you can add color coded programs and station logos.. Go to settings > TV > Guide page option. Then on the first page select the option of Apply colored background to the shows.... After doing this the channels will use very beautiful background to the Media Center.

There is a freeware tool called Restorator. The tool is freeware and very useful to use. You can just simply change the background of Media Center software. According to me it is the easiest way to do so without editing or alteration the registry and permissions. The second tool is MyMceSat. A freeware useful program of MCE which helps the use to view the channel list on the screen. You can manually edit it and then use as per your need. The same you can back up a .xml file of channel list. Just copy and paste it.