Thread: MCE error wmdrm-nd registration failed

MCE error wmdrm-nd registration failed

Hi,
    I had just recently download some music online. Now recorded music appeared in the Play list option. When I play it does not work at all. The songs are recorded properly. A error pop ups denoting wmdrm-nd registration failed for windows media center extender. As a extender I am using a DVD player to the Xbox. It is a blu ray movie player. It is working even now properly. After that I does not receive the same error. But this created a doubt in my mind. Any one facing similar issue please post some suggestions.

Re: MCE error wmdrm-nd registration failed

The problem is caused by the misconfiguration of firewall in your media center pc. It can be the traditional Windows firewall or any third party firewall you are using. The second reason can be that you had recently downloaded a Windows update and that one is not applied properly to the system. An incomplete installation is popping out the error. So do this first disable your firewall. Run a Windows update back again properly and wait till installation. Restart your system and then try back.

First try to update the latest driver and firmware for the extender. You can do this by going in Device Manger. The extender will be listed there. Just right click on that, select properties and then update the drive. Second thing disable flow control from your system. Go to control panel > automatic update > custom > hardware. You can disable the same from here. Also check that your Xbox is properly connected. Create a new play list and add the song in that one.

Go to start menu and click on run. Then in the box type services.msc. Click on OK. In the window right click on Automatic Update service and select stop. Wait for a while when windows stop the service. Again go to start menu > run. Type %sytemroot% and hit enter. This process is used to rename the software distribution folder. In the windows right click on the software distribution folder and select rename. Type SoftwareDistribution.old and give ok. Again by the above process restart the automatic update service. Restart your system. The issue will be solved now.