Thread: Windows Vista does not show thumbnail

unsure Windows Vista does not show thumbnail

Hi alll,

I have read every thread on here regarding the above problem and NOTHING is working for me, it is getting rather frustrating.

All my new photos I am adding to my computer do NOT show the picture on the thumbnail, only all my old photos ive added show them. All the setting in folder options are correct and Im at a loss as to what will fix this..

I am using Windows Vista 32 bit Dell 1520 Laptop

If you require any further information for this problem, dont hesitate to ask, i would love this problem solved!

Dr. V Guest

Re: Photo Thumbnails Do Not Show

Here is a simple step to check out that the thumbnail view in your Windows is not disable. First click on start button and then select all programs. Go to accessories and then click on Windows Explorer. In the window above you can see organize button. Click on it and then select Folder and search option. Go to view tab and under the title of Files and Folder and remove a tick in the check box saying always show icons never thumbnails. Exit it. If still it not showing thumbnail then it means Windows Vista is unable to read your image file. Check out weather it is in which format. Convert them to jpeg if you want and then it will preview the image.

Re: Windows Vista does not show thumbnail

Ok all my folder settings are correct, there is no tick in that box.
    All my pictures are as jpegs... It can read old photos not sure why it doesn't read new ones....

Anymore advice? Its kinda annoying having to go through every single photo to see what the picture is....

Click the Organize button on any folder, and choose Folder and Search Options from the menu.Click the View tab and then check the Always show icons, make sure never thumbnails check box is not enable.

thats exactly what the guy above said, which i wrote is all A-OK... It shows old photos that are already on my computer, new ones it does not show, even if i save pictures from a website....