Thread: Video Playback shutters in Windows 7

Video Playback shutters in Windows 7

Hi,
    I am facing a minor issue in Windows 7 Media center Laptop. When I connect the same to view my Digital TV channels the video on the screens shutters after every 2 to 3 minutes. The same does not happen if I use the LCD TV to see the channels directly. I would have consider this as a broadcasting error but this same problem comes in my recorded shows. They are on my hard drive and when I view them on the TV the video screen shutters and go back to normal. So what you guys think about this. Is this the recording flaw or I am facing any serious hardware problem. My system configuration is 1gig on RAM, Lenovo Laptop with Windows 7 media center, ATI TV Tuner card, 52" LCD TV with Digital Set top box. Thanks in advance.

Re: Video Playback shutters in Windows 7

First this out. Reconfigure your Media center and then try back again. Check out that you do not have any loose cables. You digital box dose not have any broadcasting problem. Right click on My Computer > Properties > Hardware > Device manager. In the list right click on the ATI card and select properties. Go to driver and choose select drivers. Update the current drivers for the same. If the problem persist only for specific channels then that can be broadcasting problem. Contact your service provider.

I think this simple steps can help you to fix your problem. First cilck on Start Menu and in the search box or run box type msinfo32. Hit enter. Go to the component section which has hardware identification. Now go to Start Menu > Control Panel > Device Manger. See the entry of your hardware which has yellow sign on it. Then here you have to add up your tuner's manufacturer name and model number. Add the specifications about the hardware so that your TV card is detected and identified properly. Fill out the details here. This steps work fine if you are using a router. Restart your system.

The issue can be related to codec update. But before that disable any desktop enhancement option. Screen savers are the more common thing which cause this problem. Go and disable them at the time of watching TV. Then download and install all necessary codecs and updates. Like ffdshow, vlc media player, k lite media pack, flash player, etc. This essential tools are necessary for good performance. Now update your audio and video driver. If possible update your TV Tuner card driver. Because it is the primary hardware which controls your Media Center TV streaming.