Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How Can I Tell If a File is Corrupted

Operating Systems

Old 24-08-2009

How Can I Tell If a File is Corrupted

Hello, I Have a Windows Xp computer , How Can I Tell If a File is Corrupted or not , i would like the integrity of the system file , Actually i have downloaded software in zip format when i try to run it , i get the corrupted file error , please help me thanks in advance

Old 24-08-2009

Re: How Can I Tell If a File is Corrupted

Windows XP has a utility very useful and yet very little known: a System File Checker (SFC - System File Checker).

To use it:
Click on Start / Run
Enter and validate the following respecting the space between the command and its argument:
sfc /scannow

Then The dialog box of Windows File Protection will opens and Verification of system begins. If there is a corrupt file, then the installation CD will be requested for repairing the file and replaced by its original version!
Old 24-08-2009

The hound is a Windows program compiled from source files in C # that produce numbers cyclic redundancy check in a particular case, the directory / folder, or elsewhere. The program uses the CRC-32 algorithm

OS
Windows (95/98) Windows (NT/2000/XP) Windows (95/98/NT/2000/XP) Win2K WinXP

Programming Languages
C #
Old 24-08-2009

The cyclic redundancy check
The cyclic redundancy check ( Crc- cyclic redundancy check) is a powerful way to control data integrity and easy to implement. It represents the primary method of error detection used in telecommunications.

SFV Checker uses CRC-32 technology to check each file and notifies you if there are missing files, wrong size, potentially corrupt or bad, which saves you hours of downloading to actually find that you have a file missing or the last file does not work. Comparing the CRC value is performed using a standard SFV file. If the latter is not available, you can drag the file to preview the list to produce the calculated CRC value. An account of information is generated after browsing through files, it provides in fact a list of files missing or incomplete, and a summary of the archive. SFV Checker can also concatenate files in the list and rename multiple archives on the fly (such as renaming the files named .001, .002, .003 in. Rar. R00,. R01.
SFV Checker supports files like RAR, ARJ, ACE and all other binary formats / text.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , ,