Thread: Error code: 80072f7d

Error code: 80072f7d

I'm getting 80072f7d error message when i try to sign in on msn messenger. It was working fine till yesterday but suddenly this error coming and i don't able to login in msn. Please help me.

Re: Error code: 80072f7d

I was having same issue with MSN messenger, are you using newer version of msn? its like the new version new version is also using the same contacts.msi file as other versions. Do the following:

• Close Windows Live Messenger ,not just sign out.
    • Open the old version of Messenger and log in.
    • Close old version .
    • Open the troublesome Windows Live Messenger and try to log in again.

First, check the .NET service status as this error may be caused by problems at the MSN servers.

If there are no reported problems on the MSN servers, see if your proxy settings are correct: click "Tools" and then "options" at your MSN Messenger main window. In the options screen click "Connection" in the list to the left. Next, click the "Advanced Settings..." button. If you (likely) do not use a proxy server, try unchecking all the checkboxes except the one labeled TCP and see if you can connect now. (You might have to fully close and start Messenger again before retrying to connect)
    If you are on a large network, the network administrator can probably tell you if you should have proxy settings in Messenger.

Make sure if Internet Explorer supports 128 bits encryption. Open Internet Explorer and click Help, then About Internet Explorer. If the Cipher Strength is less then 128 bits download and install the Internet Explorer High Encryption Pack. MSN Messenger needs encryption to validate your username and password.

In Internet Explorer: click Tools, then Internet Options, select the "connections" tab. Try unchecking (if checked) "Use a proxy server for LAN" and check "Automatically detect settings.". This should enable both Internet Explorer and MSN Messenger to automatically find the best way to connect to the Internet.

Source: msn.com

Refer to this thread : 8007efd error in msn messenger

Hope this will help.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"