Thread: How to disable bios shadowing

How to disable bios shadowing

Hi friends,

I am having Windows XP SP 2 as my operating system, everything seems to be workign fine till yesterday but today when i when i try to start my computer for sending an important email over there i am getting Stop error messages. The errors refer to disabling BIOS shadowing, which is enabled, also system video BIOS is shadowed. But there is no where to disable shadowing in BIOS. Does anyone know how to do it. Thanks in Advance.

Disable bios shadowing

I was also getting disabling BIOS shadowing message, when i asked my friends about the same he told me to remove my cmos battery and then boot my computer without the cmos battery. Then again shut down my computer and replace the CMOS battery and also reset the jumper setting for the same. After following his steps i was not getting any disable bios shadowing message. Hope you will also not get any message.

i have try to do the above mention things but it was not helpful for me is there any other solution by which my problem would get solved because i have really got frustrated with this message and i don't think so that formatting my windows will be a good solution. Any ideas or suggestion ?

If you are getting Disable BIOS shadowing message then try to restart your computer and press Delete key or F2 button to get into BIOS setting, for getting into BIOS setting vary from manufacturer. After pressing the appropriate key you would be in Bios/CMOS settings area. Now you will find an area where it is possible to change the Bios/ shadowing settings. Select and press the + and - keys to change the enable and disable features. After you've selected and made your changes press the F10 key and then the enter key or whatever it prompts you to select.to confirm the changes then exit the Bios.