Thread: Does Netflix need silverlight support

Does Netflix need silverlight support

Hi,
    Just subscribe to NetFlix recently. I heard that it is necessary to install Silverlight to use NetFlix more efficiently. I don't have silverlight on my pc. So does it important to do this. The service working properly and I am not facing any issue right now. What silverlight will do if add up it in my Media Center system. I have a flash player support already. The most I know that Silverlight is an only flash update for the website. And Netflix is an online service for on demand service.

Re: Does Netflix need silverlight support

Silverlight is a add on pack for a website work. This is used to improve the flash and animated quality of a web browser. The Silverlight is offered for both Windows and OS X to increase up the functionality of not only Neflix but also other online services. This reduces the waiting time and browser failure issues. It is not necessary to download or install it.

I had done the same. I had updated Silver light on my Media Center edition. It is provided to fix up multiple glitches on the online service. There are several unanswered question regarded to netflix like slow browsing, missing connection, etc. This upgrade can clear up all the problems. I had tried disabling my firewall, antivirus, etc. Then a Silverlight update fixed up all the problems. It is just a initiative to improve the performance of NetFlix on the Media Center.

I will recommend you to download Silver Light for improving the performance of NetFlix. It is not only for NetFlix but also for other streaming sites. The update improves the performance on viewing on demand movies and other videos. NetFlix has too officially provided Silver light for enhancing the online service performance. Now I can view instant queue, dvd queue, genre's and new releases just on a click. Find you movie and get it on that point easily. So it is a light weight nice software to improve the media center performance.