Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 22-08-2009

Computer freezes after inactivity

Hello

On my computer I have Windows XP home version with service pak2.Now i have problem with my computer the screen is froze.no avail, not even ctrl,alt,delete so I have to shut down the computer to restart. I have practiced all the maintenance tools that Windows provides and ran McAfee scans and still the problem remains.. I discovered an update in Windows Update for this hardware and installed it but that didn't fix the problem either. I had to turn off my energy saving scheme also because there was no response when I touched the mouse. Sometimes it comes on after standby and sometimes not. I'm confused if turning off the computer completely to reboot is harmful

advance thanks..!!
Old 22-08-2009

Re: Computer freezes after inactivity

It tends to advise a marginal PSU with slow recovery time,that can't respond to the increased current required when processor comes out of a power handles state, else some kind of thermally related issue like a circuit board crack,failing capacitor(s) or other mechanical connection going intermittent with a alter in temp. The capacitors you can examine easily enough, to see if they're bulged or vented (usually apparent, but there are rare cases where on a video card where you might not see anything).
Old 22-08-2009

Re: Computer freezes after inactivity

Let me look on to this Task Manager to the Processes tab and park it in a corner of your screen. Order the processes to come in slumping order of CPU usage. When you return and (presumably) your screen is frozen, what process is using the most CPU time

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,