Thread: Hid keyboard Drivers problem in vista

Hid keyboard Drivers problem in vista

Hello , I recently Bought a Nostromo gaming keypad From the Store , it is Definately new and the Hid Keyboard , now the problem is that it is not working properly, when i connect it light glow , it mean the hardware is ok , but in windows when i try to install it, i get this error message ,

Error message
    "An error occurred during the installation of the device. Data is invalid."

Can you Tell me What is this problem of with my Hid Keyboard Gaming Keypad , please help me solve this problem , thanks in advance

Re: Hid keyboard Drivers problem in vista

To resolve this problem, follow these steps:

Restart your computer in Safe Mode.

Rename the file Driver.cab located in the following folder:
    C:\Windows\Driver Cache\i386

For example, rename the file in Driver.cab to Driver.old.

Insert the CD-ROM in the Windows XP CD-ROM or DVD.

When the Welcome screen appears, click Perform Additional Tasks.

Click Browse this CD, then double-click the I386 folder.

Click the Driver.cab file, and then click Copy from the Edit menu.

In Windows Explorer, open the following folder:
    C:\Windows\Driver cache\I386

On the Edit menu, click Paste to paste the Driver.cab file in the folder C: \ Windows \ Driver Cache \ I386.

For example, if you received the error message when you attempt to install a printer, follow these steps to remove the printer:
    1. Click Start, click Control Panel, then double-click Printers and Other Hardware.
    2. Click Printers and Faxes (or icon that represents the type of device you want to delete).
    3. Right-click on the printer you want to delete, click Delete, then Yes to confirm the deletion of this printer.

- Or --

Use Device Manager to remove the device. For example, if you received the error message when you attempt to install a modem, follow these steps to remove the modem:
    • Click Start, right-click on My Computer, click Manage, then click Device Manager.
    • Expand Modems, select your modem, and then press Delete. Click Yes to confirm.
    • Remove the device you tried to install.

The controller was not installed correctly. If this is the case you will need to completely uninstall the Nostromo software and drivers and reinstall.Make sure you are running the 2.5 Nostromo software off of the website. Be sure to uninstall and any old version of the Nostromo software and restart the computer before you install the newest 2.5 Version

You change the Usb connector slot, after that you can download the latest drivers on the manufacturer's website and install it , If Windows does not detect your hardware then this is another problem (irq? Or others) and the following manipulation would not solve anything. I insist that your keyboard is properly detected by Windows and this is just a matter of installing drivers because we will need the exact location of the card thereafter.