Thread: cannot run c compiled programs

cannot run c compiled programs

I have a ubuntu linux box and i cannot run c compiled programs. This problem started all of a sudden when my computer was powered off incorrectly due to power loss. I don't know what may have caused this problem, Also i don't think that the power failure is capable of doing such kind of disaster. Any help or suggestion?

Re: cannot run c compiled programs

Well i think the problem is something else, Did you try other files and software packages? Isn't it happening with any other files? If so, then the problem is with the gcc or whichever compiler you are using, may be due to power failure the compiler was running and it did not finish well, so it may have got itself corrupt, uninstall the compiler and install it again also try to update if any updates are available... All the best, do post back...

Thanks for pointing the 'other files' area. I just tried to open files which are more then 100mbs and i cannot open any files. I tried to play mp3 songs which play perfectly. Also the installer files such as .run .sh and .deb files won't run. What may be the problem? I am able to move the files to other locations so i know that the problem is not within the files. IS my OS corrupt? Please help...

It seems that your OS just burnt out due to the sudden power failure. Ok you must get all the possible backup and format your hard disk as soon as possible. If you are able to clean install the operating system, the problem lies only in the file system and directory structure... If you are not able to format your disk, you disk may have been damaged. Try it out and post back...