Thread: Another setup is already running while installing microsoft office setup in vista

Another setup is already running while installing microsoft office setup in vista

Hello, I am not able to install microsoft office on my vista machine. Everytime I try to install microsoft office setup in vista I get a message: another setup is already running. But I have checked that none other similar setup of office is running in Task Manager but the error report is still there. So can anyone tell me how to install microsoft office on vista. Thank you
    "Water is insubstantial. By this I mean you can not grasp hold of it. You can not punch it and hurt it. Be formless, shapeless, like water.

Re: Another setup is already running while installing microsoft office setup in vista

I think your windows installer has been corrupted so download Microsoft Installer clean up utility from following link and run it on your PC and after reboot try to install office again. Below is a full description on how to install Microsoft Installer clean up utility.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

Re: Another setup is already running while installing microsoft office setup in vista

I think that you must have closed your installation session before it was finished installing, and then accidentally started a second installation....Look in Task Manager (right-click the Taskbar and select "task manager") in the Processes tab and see if you can locate the "set up" for your game and right click on it to END it. Then try the installation again. If you don't see it in Processes TAB, look in the Application TAB and kill it!

You can also try to end all non-essential processes in the task manager, then continue installing. Another method is run the installer in safe mode. This way all non-essential processes will not be running. If you still havent got it sorted, let me know, I am happy to do some more research and offer some more information and solutions. If its fixed then its excellent!!