Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to disable wmiprvse.exe

Operating Systems

Old 21-08-2009

How to disable wmiprvse.exe

Hello friends,

I am using Windows XP SP 2 as my operating system, today when i try to start my computer it was workign very slow when i check out in Process tab by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Delete, i saw that there is a process named as wmiprvse.exe is taking more memory and according to me it's of no use. So i try to kill that process but was not able to kill it and at the same time, can anyone tell me how to disable wmiprvse.exe and at the same time provide me some information about wmiprvse.exe.

Old 21-08-2009

Information on wmiprvse.exe

Normally wmiprvse.exe is located in a subfolder of C:\Windows\System32 or sometimes in a subfolder of C:\Windows - normally C:\WINDOWS\System32\wbem\. Known file sizes on Windows XP are 218,112 bytes. The operating system requires this program to run smoothly. It is however important to see where the wimprse.exe is situated and what folder it is running from. A Windows operating system that is functioning normally often requires various accounts to run wmiprvse.exe.
Old 21-08-2009

Disable wmiprvse.exe

I was also facing such kind of issue where wmiprvse.exe used to take 25,000 of memory and at the end my system was workign very slow when i asked my friend that i am not able to delete wmiprvse.exe nor disable wmiprvse.exe, he told me to download the software software and told me to run and after that when i went back to process tab i was not able to see wmiprvse.exe running.

Download
Old 21-08-2009

Re: How to disable wmiprvse.exe

Hi,
this would help:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , ,