Thread: Remote MSN Plugin for Vista Media Center

Remote MSN Plugin for Vista Media Center

Hi,
    Anyone knows to use MSN Remote plugin. I want to schedule some channels to record my shows when I am not available. But I am not able to find settings about the same service. Please post the instruction and features of the plugins. And does this plugins cause conflicts in the operating system. How much diskspace do I need to leave at the time of recording. Can this service used by more than one user. Like if I have a remote pc then can I access the same setting and recorded shows from that place also. Does the plugin keeps the record of shows also. That what are the old shows recorded and what is the new one.

Re: Remote MSN Plugin for Vista Media Center

It is a better option for the Media Center owner who want to schedule their recording. It is not really hard to configure it. Just install the plug in first and then use the below instructions. Second thing I will bring into your interest that there is no official way of recording videos in Media Center. So here you need a TV Guide and the plug in. The plug in needs a broad band connection and a .net update. You must have a email address and a password in the MSN Messenger. Just open MSN TV on your .net passport. See the list of MSN TV shows and then click on the shows you want to record. Then in the details window add details regarding the date and other details. Click on Record shows and set the options.

The main thing you will need to schedule recording in the MSN plugin is a broad band connection and a account in .net passport. First log in to your MSN TV guide. Sign in and then see the list of programs in it. At the left side you can see some recording option. Tick on the show which you want to record and then set date and time from the left side. On giving ok MSN will show you a list of programs configured to schedule. Then click on Record Show. The MSN site will send a request and save your settings. At last a message window will tell you that the show is scheduled then click on Record series.

Whenever you see that the schedule is creating a conflict in the Media center then it is recommended to cancel the last record. This will open up a setting page of MSN and then from there remove the old shows. Otherwise you other program will also not record. MSN plugin also saves up you recording details list in case to view it after the recording. The list gives entire details about the past and new shows. The list also shows you upcoming shows, failed shows, etc.