Thread: mixing * ports and non-* ports with a NameVirtualHost address is not supported, proceeding with undefined results

mixing * ports and non-* ports with a NameVirtualHost address is not supported, proceeding with undefined results

For the first time I installed Phusion Passenger and everything passed without problems until I attempted to modify my configuration of apache. I get this error : VirtualHost *:80 -- mixing * ports and non-* ports with a NameVirtualHost address is not supported, proceeding with undefined results I'm still new to apache and cannot figure out what the problem is please help me guys...

Re: mixing * ports and non-* ports with a NameVirtualHost address is not supported, proceeding with undefined results

What changes did you made to apache? Did you try to add a new virtual host server? If yes, what did you add in the apache configuration file? Please post the details so that anybody could check it and rectify if there is any error located in the configuration. Also when you are new, always refer to the documentation and help files or read me while making changes to the apache configuration if you are doing this in a live environment to avoid damages. All the best...

Re: mixing * ports and non-* ports with a NameVirtualHost address is not supported, proceeding with undefined results

Yes, i tried to add a new virtual host server to my current apache configuration. I added the following lines to the apache configuration :

Code:
    <VirtualHost *:80>
             ServerName www.gentoonile.com
                   DocumentRoot /var/www/vhosts/gentoonile.com/httpdocs/simplelog_2.0.2/public/
    </VirtualHost>
    Is there any problem with this stuff? Do i have to add this configuration to any apache file? If so please help me...

The configuration is to be added to apache's configuration file named : apache.conf. If you have done this configuration elsewhere then it wont work, everything else seems to be fine, but do this changes in the apache.conf file and post back if you have any errors or problems... Hope this helps... All the best!