Thread: Error 1335 data1.cab is corrupt

Error 1335 data1.cab is corrupt

Hey friends , i'm really strange trouble here, i can't install any of the program in my xp, as soon as i try to install something i gets the error saying cabinet file data1.cab is corrupted. and after that installation gets end without installing anything. Now i'm trying to install the Adobe photoshop, and receiving same error. how can i resolve it?

Re: Error 1335 data1.cab is corrupt

This error happens because of the antivirus or the firewall that you have installed in your system, first disable the antivirus or forewall protection and now do the following:

Click on Start -> Start -> Run -> cmd -> type cmd and press enter. And in command prompt enter the following commands:
    msiexec /unregister (press enter)
    msiexec /regserver (press enter)
    Now you should be able to install the programs without any error. Keep the firewall nd antivirus off while installing.

If you are installing photoshop from a 'legitimate' CD then it shouldn't happen. I think in your installation setup folder one of the cab file is corrupted. Cab or 'Cabinet' files are normally large compressed files that hold a contingent of smaller files that are decompressed and installed during the setup process.

There can be several causes for this problem, including corrupted files within the Windows registry. If you are running XP, see if you have a restore point from before the trouble started. To check this go to Start->All Programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Restore. Select "Restore ..." and you will get a calendar showing the existing restore points. Choose the date when your pc was working fine.

This might be too simple an answer, but it worked for me. I disabled windows firewall and updating, then did a shutdown/restart. After that install went smooth.

I was reinstalling Final Fantasy XI to a computer I had reformatted. I had reinstalled Windows XP pro and done all the Windows updates to SP3.
    I initially got the "Error 1335" Data2.Cab corrupt. Then it rolled back and gave me the "Error 1603" fatal error during installation. After that I tried to reinstall disc 1 of the set and got "Error 1335" Data1.Cab corrupt listing. I hadn't reinstalled my antivirus program yet, so I knew it couldn't be that.

Again.. simple .. but it worked.. Hope it helps you.

Quote Originally Posted by shahid khan View Post
    This error happens because of the antivirus or the firewall that you have installed in your system, first disable the antivirus or forewall protection and now do the following:

Click on Start -> Start -> Run -> cmd -> type cmd and press enter. And in command prompt enter the following commands:

Now you should be able to install the programs without any error. Keep the firewall nd antivirus off while installing.
    thanks a lot shahid khan...worked perfectly!

sunnyrepairs Guest

Use reginout regcleaner it will solve ur problem