Thread: Where can i get OpenBSD Unix

Where can i get OpenBSD Unix

HI,, i am using Windows 7 operating system but i need to download a Unix OS for one of my friend. I tried to find out on internet but am not able to get download link.

Could you guys please let me know where can i download OpenBSD Unix ? Help will be appreciated.

Re: Where can i get OpenBSD Unix

Unix is available for download easily on internet and thats why it is apart from proprietary Operating Systems like Windows.You can choose among several different versions of Unix. Anyways, OpenBSD organizes FTP mirrors based on a master fanout site, used to feed second level mirrors, which other sites should mirror and retrieve from.

OpenBSD Unix is a free multi-platform 4.4BSD-based UNIX-like operating system that emphasizes portability, standardization, correctness, proactive security and integrated cryptography. It also supports emulation of most programs from Solaris, BSD/OS, and SunOS.

Download OpenBSD Unix

UNIX, like other operating systems, is a layer between the hardware and the applications that run on the computer. It has functions that manage the hardware and functions that manage executing applications. There are several different versions of Unix that to select the best option, you need to know the general features of each one. There is no charge for downloading Unix via the Internet, and anyone can do it.

If you are gonna use Unix than you should all use Windows Services for UNIX Version 3.5. It provides a full range of supported and fully integrated cross-platform network services for enterprise customers to use in integrating Windows into their existing UNIX-based environments.Microsoft Windows Services for UNIX (SFU) 3.5 allows Windows–based and UNIX–based computers to share data, security credentials, and scripts. And SFU 3.5 includes technology to provide a high performance scripting and application execution environment that enables UNIX applications and scripts to be re targeted to run natively on Windows.

Download Windows Services for UNIX Version 3.5