Thread: how to unencrypt files

how to unencrypt files

hello , Can You Tell How to Can i unencrypt files in my windows xp Computer , i want to unencrypt files that are decrypted in windows xp , can you tell me how can i unencrypt files in windows xp ,please tell me how can i do it , thanks in advance

Re: how to unencrypt files

To decrypt a file or folder
    • Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, and then click Windows Explorer.
    • Right–click the file or folder that you want to encrypt, and then click Properties.
    • On the General tab, click Advanced.
    • Clear the Encrypt contents to secure data check box.

When you decrypt a folder, you must decide whether to decrypt the folder only or to decrypt the folder and all files and subfolders contained in the folder. If you choose to decrypt the folder only, the files and subfolders within the folder remain encrypted. However, when you add new files and subfolders to the folder, they will not be automatically encrypted.

Remember, anyone who accesses your computer will also be able to access a decrypted file or folder. Windows XP Professional gives you the power to help keep your files and folders safe from unauthorized access. Use Windows XP Professional to encrypt important information on your computer and help keep your data safe.

one thing you should remember that you will always need your encryption certificates / keys. When you turn on the Encrypting File System in Windows, encryption keys are automatically created and associated with your user account.

To remove encryption from a file, follow these steps:
    1. Use Windows Explorer to locate the encrypted file that you want to decrypt.
    2. Right-click the encrypted file, and then click Properties.
    3. On the General tab, click Advanced.
    4. Click to clear the Encrypt contents to secure data check box, click OK, and then click OK again.

To remove the encryption of a file:
    Use Windows Explorer to navigate to the location of the encrypted file to decrypt.
    Right-click on the encrypted file, and then click Properties.
    On the General tab, click Advanced.
    Uncheck the Encrypt contents to secure data, click OK, then OK again.

Remove the encryption of a file

NOTE: You must be the person who encrypted the file or a designated authority, to implement the following procedure. If you do not have permission to remove encryption, the following message appears:

Error applying attributes
    An error occurred while applying attributes to the file:
    Path:\ File_name
    Access denied.