Thread: No playback device

No playback device

Hello , when I turn on my vista computer next to the clock there is an icon with a cross marked , it say "no audio output device is installed "... When I go to control panel/sound i can seen only the headphones icon. it also say no No playback device , please tell me how to solve these problem , thanks in advance

Re: No playback device

It must be a driver problem. What is your motherboard (exact reference and mark) if the chipset is the integrated sound card or what?

The Windows Device Manager is an essential tool to search for equipment failures.
    1. Check that your card is recognized in the Device Manager. It does not have an exclamation point on a yellow background.
    2. In the case of an audio expansion card, you may need to change the PCI slot.
    3. Check that the audio expansion card is plugged into its PCI slot and replace the slot.
    4. If you have a case "Grand Tour" with several PCI slots, do not hesitate to switch expansion cards.

Re: No playback device

If you do not know the brand of your motherboard, use Everest (type it in google and download it ) then retrieves the name of your card and go to the the official website and download the drivers from your sound card. Normally it should resolve the problem.