Thread: windows xp home edition startup problems

windows xp home edition startup problems

hey guys, i bought a custom built computer from a local comp shop a few months back and it has been running smooth up until recently ive been having freezing problems and startup problems. once in a blue moon my computer will start up again and work for a few days but then the problem occurs again, now he tells me its a hardware confliction problem but i open up my device manager and i cant find anything how do i solve this dilemma?

re: windows xp home edition startup problems

There must be problem of some junk files and registry to some installation or uninstallation of any application another problem can be virus so check for latest antivirus update and scan your computer

If you have important files in your computer back up the files and go for a complete format.You need to install a good anti virus programs after installing fresh operating system

ive reformatted it before and i keep all my files on a removable drive and i use avast antivirus that should be good enough right?

another thing is when i take my tower to the comp guy he gets it working flawlessly, now i have an ancient router hooked up to my system its a really old d-link could this be causing the problem?....i mean its so old i checked for a firmware update and d-link doesnt even offer technical support for this model anymore.

Re: windows xp home edition startup problems

May be but i don't think router can create a problem, do you have power problems? Like no earthing or any other similar problems? I would suggest you get your line checked by an expert electrician. May be that could be a problem...

Re: windows xp home edition startup problems

do you mean getting the power cord checked or the outlet? i just replaced my power bar so i dont think its got anything to do with that.