Thread: Installing old software on Vista

Installing old software on Vista

Hello,

I have a application called Top Producer 6.With updated version (version 7i). I am with over 10,000 contacts, 1,000 letters, and over 15,000 phone numbers and I am not about to waiting for contact details or letters to download. There has been reports about there servers during peak times and plus.Attempted of software companies trying to make everything web based Our MLS switched over a year ago and it is the worst thing to happen since it is slow and un-predictable...Anyway, does anyone know tricks to install program into thinking Vista Ultimate is Windows XP ?

thanks and peace..!!

Re: Installing old software on Vista

Well, in my assumption. It is good to have good information version and nice presentations, Than having ok information and presentation (online). If you think about it, having network downtime or outages (or taking your laptop to a location without HS) is the same as not having your desktop software... online software is just not as advantageous as they claim.try this, RIGHT CLICK the install file and choose properties, then go to compatibilities TAB and choose RUN IN -- either XP or 98, whatever ur software is compatible with.

Using XP for the install and then upgrading, I'm damn sure it would work although I have not attempted. This is on a home computer that I like to reformat often and hardly use for work. This is more a hobby trying to figure this out as our office is XP only and plans on staying that way for a while. I've spent a couple hours trying and I'll try to find another solution. I'm sure i'm not the only one having a problem like this.

Dr. V Guest

I assumed you knew how to do it because of your last reply saying that you cannot change the compatibility because it is not installing.I guess I'll throw xp back on and try to upgrade that way. I guess somehow they can legally stop making it compatible with new windows even though the disk says windows 95 and newer..... although it would be fun to make a list of all software companies that claim "windows XX and newer" just to cop out of updating their own software