Thread: How To Become An Administrator On Windows Xp

How To Become An Administrator On Windows Xp

Hello , Freinds , I have a Windows Xp Computer , Can you tell me how to become an administrator on windows xp , As Currently i have a normal user account , with limited functionality ,the problem is that i want become the Administrator of this computer , please tell me how to become an administrator on windows xp computer, please help me thanks in advance

Re: How To Become An Administrator On Windows Xp

at the welcome screen where you select which user to log on, Press CTRL + ALT + DELETE. you will see a logon box

User: Administrator
    Password:

You may enter as administrator, unless someone has put a password.

If you're using Windows XP Professional as a local user on a network in your job, you can create a password reset disk to gain access to your computer if you forget it. Click Start, Control Panel and User Accounts. Click on your account. Under Related Tasks, click Prevent forgotten password. Follow the instructions in the Forgotten Password Wizard to create a password reset disk. Store the disk in a safe place, since any user could use a local account.

Forgot your password and can not log in? Do not worry, you can retrieve it with ophcrack. Ophcrack is a program that gets the passwords of the various sessions of windows and Linux too, thanks to the GTK libraries.

Ophcrack is based on an Ubuntu Live CD to crack the SAM file of Windows, which is the managing windows passwords and access time to decompress and decrypt it and thus get all user passwords.

To use it you just download the iso and burn it to cd with a little patience you can retrieve your password in minutes.

When you have many operating systems installed you must select the partition and address of the SAM file which is normally in c: \ windows \ system32 \ config.

The SAM file is a security manager for user accountswhere user data are stored . The ophcrack has a success rate of 99.9% with passwords