Thread: AirGCFG.exe-Entry point not found

AirGCFG.exe-Entry point not found

I've just updated the Windows xp sp2 to sp3 without any problems. But every time i'm turning on my machine , on every startup i receives the following error :
    AirGCGFG.exe - Entry Point Not Found. The procedure entry point apsGetInterfacecount could not be located in the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll.
    How can i resolve it?

Thanks in advance.

Re: AirGCFG.exe-Entry point not found

Do you have D-link wireless adapter? SP3 has a new file – wlanapi.dll that replaces the D-Link one. Go to the D-link site and download the new files .

The D-Link AirPlus Utility does not work with Windows XP Service Pack 3. This occurs because Windows XP Service Pack 3 introduces a new file that overwrites files with the same name installed by other suppliers. One solution is to use the OEM's version of the file that was backed up in the folder to uninstall the service pack. If this file is placed in appropriate directories, it will be loaded by the wireless application instead of the new Microsoft version located in the System32 directory.

Code:
    xcopy %Windir%\$NtServicePackUninstall$\wlanapi.dll "%ProgramFiles%\D-Link\AirPlus G"
    xcopy %Windir%\$NtServicePackUninstall$\wlanapi.dll "%ProgramFiles%\ANI\ANIWZCS2"

To resolve this error, download the latest driver for the wireless network adapter that are available for a Windows XP SP3 operating system. Then, download and install the latest device drivers for the wireless network adapter.

Download Dlink wireless Adapter drivers for Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) or Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1)