Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Installing XP Hard disk Not found

Operating Systems

Old 14-08-2009
Members

From few days i am facing lots of issue on my computer and today finally decided to reinstall Windows XP as Operating system but when i am trying to install on my computer i am getting an error message as Windows XP can not found harddisk drives, can any one can help me? The hard drive is setting correctly on bios.

Old 15-08-2009

If you are facing such kind of issue then i would suggest to check out your hard drive cable it might happen that there would be some cable issue because of which you are getting this message and before going ahead make sure your hard drive is being detected in BIOS too.
Old 15-08-2009
Members

I have try to do that i am able to see my Hard drive in BIOS and at the same time i have also changed my cable but still facing same issue, can anyone tell me what would be other issue because i don't have any idea why i am not able to for mat my hard disk. Please give some suggestions.
Old 15-08-2009

You will get this message if you are having SATA hard disk because Windows XP does not know how to interact with your SATA hard drive, and/or controller. When you first start booting the XP CD-ROM, you will see a little message splash along the bottom of the screen press F6 to for driver diskette. This is the same problem that caused problems with Windows 2K and SCSI interfaces.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,