Thread: What is dpupdchk.exe

What is dpupdchk.exe

I am using Windows XP Sp3 as my Operating system, due to some reason some of my applications where getting freeze to find out the issue i press Ctrl+ Alt+ Delete and check out the process list over there i found out dpupdchk.exe is consuming much memory and according to me there is no such application which uses dpupdchk.exe. Can anyone provide me some information about about it.

Information on dpupdchk.exe

I have found out some information about dpupdchk.exe is tha it's being located in a subfolder of "C:\Program Files". Known file sizes on Windows XP are 357,800 bytes (92% of all occurrence), 516,008 bytes, 447,560 bytes and this program basically checks for updates for your Microsoft IntelliPoint software. The program is not visible. The file has a digital Signature. It is not a Windows system file. Therefore the technical security rating is 37% dangerous.

What is dpupdchk.exe

I was also facing such kind of issue i try to delete some keys from the registry for that you need to click on start goto run and type regedit and press enter, then registry window would get open over her browse to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Intellipoint Intellitype Pro Auto Update location an delete the files and reboot your computer for changes to get effected.