Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

svchost.exe netsvcs

Operating Systems

Old 14-08-2009

svchost.exe netsvcs

Does anyone know about svchost.exe netsvcs ? Its eating almost all of my memory. I can't find anything mention on it anywhere. I tried to end this process but it comes back again and never releases the memory. And sometimes SVCHOST.exe crashes error comes up on scree. Please guide me to make XP behaving normal.

Old 14-08-2009

Re: svchost.exe netsvcs

If you want to know info about the Svchost.exe , It is the generic host process name for the services which run from DLLs. Its located in the %SystemRoot%\System32 folder. At startup, it checks the services part of the registry to construct a list of services that it must load. Multiple instances of Svchost.exe can run at the same time. Each Svchost.exe session can contain a grouping of services. Therefore, separate services can run, depending on how and where Svchost.exe is started. This grouping of services allows for better control and easier debugging.
Old 14-08-2009

Svchost.exe is eating memory because it haven't finish work it suppose to do. And it can also be because of infection viruses and malwares. IF you have any Anti-virus program, do a scan with it in both Safe Mode and as well as in Normal Mode.
Old 14-08-2009

• May be your pc having a virus or malware. Download Norton Security Scan , its free. Perform a free virus scan.
  • Also to make your pc free from spywares Download Ad-Aware and
  • And it can be because of some unsigned drivers, see this help Verify Unsigned Device Drivers in Windows XP
  • Perform a DISK CLEANUP as Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Disk Cleanup.
  • Also do the defrag of your hard disk partitions.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: ,