Thread: Configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH See `config.log' for more details.

Configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH See `config.log' for more details.

Whenever i have to compile a software to install from the source, while running this command :
    Code:
    ./configure
    I get error like this :
    Code:
    Configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH See `config.log' for more details.
    Can anyone help me...

Re: Configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH See `config.log' for more details.

It seems like you do not have c compiler installed on your linux box. Which distribution of linux do you use? Try to search if your distribution has source for c compiler so you can installed c compiler from it, else get it from the internet. You can check the disk of your distribution too for c compiler...

Re: Configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH See `config.log' for more details.

Thanks for the quick reply.. I have ubuntu linux the older version... How to i install c compiler in the synaptic package manager there are a lot of file related to c compiler, which package do i install? I am confused...

In the synaptic package manager see which packages are realted to c and c++ compiler, install all the packages and also include python and gcc packages, it will be useful... Some packages need gcc and some packages need python too... Hope this helps...