Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Can I download Windows Vista for free

Operating Systems

Old 13-08-2009

Can I download Windows Vista for free

I am using Windows Xp since long time and now planning to go with Windows Vista. One of my friend has a bought a copy of Vista SP1 some couple of months ago but now we are unable to find the installation CD. SO i tried to download it but can not get the free ISO. So i am here to get help from you all guys. can i download windows Vista for free from internet ? If yes, where ? Please help.

Old 13-08-2009

Re: Can I download Windows Vista for free

Yeah offcourse you can download Windows Vista SP1from Microsoft's official website and that is also for free. Windows Vista SP1 addresses specific reliability and performance issues, supports new types of hardware, and adds support for several emerging standards. SP1 also will continue to make it easier for IT administrators to deploy and manage Windows Vista. Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Five Language Standalone version can be installed on systems with any of the following language versions: English (US), French, German, Japanese, or Spanish.

Download Windows Vista Service Pack 1
Old 13-08-2009
Dr. V

You can also install Windows Vista by using Windows Update. If your computer is set to automatically install updates, you will be prompted by Windows Update to install SP1. Follow the instructions on the screen. If you are not prompted to install SP1, follow these steps:
  • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.

• Click the Start button , click All Programs, and then click Windows Update.

• In the left pane, click Check for updates.

• Click View available updates. In the list of updates, select Service Pack for Microsoft* Windows (KB936330), and then click Install. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Old 13-08-2009

The recommended (and easiest) way to get SP1 is to turn on automatic updating in Windows Update in Control Panel, and wait for Windows Vista to notify you that SP1 is ready to install. You just need a few clicks to begin the installation, and the rest of the process is automatic. You can also manually download SP1 from the Microsoft Download Center.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,