Thread: How to play DVR - MS file in MAC

How to play DVR - MS file in MAC

Hi,
    I had recorded some Videos via Windows Media Center at the friend house. Then I burned the data on disc and pasted it in MAC. I open to videos to play but MAC is not detecting those files. After a some time of searching I noticed that the format of the file is DVR-MS. What does this file related. Will this only work in Media Center. Does there is a player for the same which work in MAC.

Re: How to play DVR - MS file in MAC

DVR-MS is a kind of a audio file that is downloaded by Media Center. So it only viewable in Windows Media Center. This files are created and has copyright content in it. It is a mpeg-2 standard compression type video. There are multiple converters tools which you can use it and convert. It will not directly play in MAC pc. Get a converter and convert it to proper format.
    Windows XP Recorder video playback problem

The only way to view those files is to convert them to a readable format. MAC does not support. But if anyhow you can put Windows Media Center in then it is possible to view the same. There is tool called DVR-MS to MP4 converter. This converter is a shareware program which is used to convert the Media Center files to mp4, ipod, iphone, psp, etc formats. So download it and use it.

Get VLC for your MAC pc. VLC has an ability to convert multiple file format into various forms. But that too is not confirmed. But in most cases it works. Just click on File > Stream and add the videos. Convert them to MPEG2 format and burn to a disc. The best way is to put media center in your MAC pc. If you a MAC Media Center Edition then it can also work.