Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Finding what is taking up all my memory on computer

Operating Systems

Old 13-08-2009

Finding what is taking up all my memory on computer

hi
i have observed that after start my pc computer get slow like some process crunching my memory can any one help me and tell me how i can check that which what is taking up all my memory is there any way also tell me way to stop that process ?
thank you

Old 13-08-2009

Re: Finding what is taking up all my memory on computer

there can be lots of process that can crunch your memory mainly first check for virus for e.g register 32.exe which can be infected with virus so while booting up this can bur your memory to 100% so can with proper antivirus which is updated to latest virus definition.
Old 13-08-2009

MSConfig Cleanup is an ideal complement to MSConfig, a standard tool that is already included with Windows, and it allows you to enable or disable the programs and services scheduled to run to start the operating system.

The problem is that MSConfig does not completely eliminate those programs, and that is where MSConfig Cleanup is useful. This program allows you to remove those entries that have already been deactivated in MSConfig, in a simple and final.

check here MSConfig Cleanup
Old 13-08-2009

You can normally check memory uses in task manager by using ctrl+del then in task manager go to performance tab there you can see graph for memory uses also you can check uses of Memory Using Windows Vista Memory Diagnostic Tool

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,