Thread: Missing Windows Picture and Fax Viewer in Windows Vista

Missing Windows Picture and Fax Viewer in Windows Vista

I have just installed Vista Home Basic but when i tried to check windows Picture & Fax Viewer for printing pictures it was missing.before i have all this with my xp version but now i dont have why is that due to some setup file missing ? please help
    thank you

Re: Missing Windows Picture and Fax Viewer in Windows Vista

Windows Fax and Scan, available in the Business, Ultimate, and Enterprise editions of Windows Vista, makes it easy to send and receive faxes, scan documents and images, and share those items with others-right from your computer.so You are having Vista Home Basic in which Windows Picture and Fax Viewer is not available so upgrade to higher version for more check here http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...s/default.aspx

Windows Picture and Fax Viewer can be replaced by Windows Photo Gallery.So you need third party application like FastStone Image Viewer it is much popular.FastStone Image Viewer is a fast, stable, user-friendly image browser, converter and editor. It has a nice array of features that include image viewing, management, comparison, red-eye removal, emailing, resizing, cropping and color adjustments.

try Firehand Ember. Firehand Ember comes in two editions, a lightweight free edition for image viewing and a heavyweight image processing edition.

The lightweight edition essentially consists of two programs; a browser and a viewer (called a "popup" by the application). The user can configure either to run when an image is double clicked. The browser displays in its window thumbnails for all images in the directory of the selected image.