Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to map drive in linux

Operating Systems

Old 11-08-2009

How to map drive in linux

I know this is pretty easy in Windows based Operating System. But i have moved to Linux as i have a curiosity to learn and experiment with different Operating Systems. How to map drive in linux from a local network? Please help the newbie...

Old 11-08-2009

Re: How to map drive in linux

You must install samba packages and other dependency before you can mount a network windows partition on your linux machine. Once you have installed samba then run this command :
Code:
mount -t smbfs
This could help...
Old 11-08-2009

Re: How to map drive in linux

Try using this command :

Code:
mkdir /mount
mount //comp1/shared /mount
This will work for mounting network drives. in the above command comp1 is the name of the network computer and shared is the folder/directory which is shared... This command will mount the network share in the mount folder that you created in the above command...

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,