Thread: How to Add OEM Plug and Play Drivers to Windows XP

How to Add OEM Plug and Play Drivers to Windows XP

I have dell desktop, it works fine. Can nay one tell me how to add OEM Plug and Play Drivers to Windows? Any recommendations and suggestions are appreciated.

Re: How to Add OEM Plug and Play Drivers to Windows XP

Do you put the $OEM$ folder under I386 or right under the root of the CD?Drivers that are installed during the "Installing Devices" portion of GUI-mode Setup have to be found in certain locations. The method for installing from DOS or Windows 3.1/Windows for Workgroups using winnt.exe or from W9X WinNT or Win2000 using winnt32.exe. Using this method the $OEM$ folder structure should be under the i386 folder.

Re: How to Add OEM Plug and Play Drivers to Windows XP

Riprep and Sysprep share much of the same functionality; therefore, when you add OEM Plug and Play drivers to computers that will be imaged, this process involves steps similar to those used for Sysprep. Before you run Riprep against the image computer to copy it to the RIS server, follow these steps: Create a folder named Sysprep on the %SystemDrive% folder (this is most likely drive C, because Riprep.exe can copy only one volume/partition).
    On the root of the same volume, create a folder structure to hold the OEM-supplied drivers, as shown in the following example:
    \Drivers
    - - \NIC
    - - \VIDEO
    \Sysprep
    \WINNT
    Copy the OEM-supplied drivers to their appropriate subfolders.
    Create a Sysprep.inf file in the Sysprep folder, and then add the [Unattended] and OemPnPDriversPath = Driver_Path entries. You can list multiple paths in this key by separating them with a semicolon ( ; ), as in the following example:
    [Unattended]
    OemPnPDriversPath = Drivers\NIC;Drivers\Video

Run Riprep.exe from the \\RisServer\Reminst\Admin\I386 folder on the client computer to copy the image to the selected RIS server. Riprep looks in the Sysprep folder for a Sysprep.inf file, reads the OemPnPDriversPath= key, and then updates the following registry entry in the computer before it copies the registry to the server so it is available for use during the mini-setup:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Devicepath