Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2009

Installing apache php and mysql on slackware

I have a slackware linux and i want to turn it into a complete home server for local area network. I need help Installing apache php and mysql on slackware box. Can anyone help me? I have installed apache and my web server was working fine, but when i installed php, my slackware box doesn't recognize php scripts and prompts me to save the file or select application to open it with. So i think i screwed up something.. Please help guys...
Old 10-08-2009

Re: Installing apache php and mysql on slackware

I would recommend you to install apache2. Then install php and then install mysql. Now reboot your computer and start apache server. While configuration you can enable apache2 to start on reboot. Then start php services and mysql services. Then you need to make changes in apache2 to make support for mysql and php scripts.
Old 10-08-2009

The problem with php might be due to missing packages, see that you have installed all the required packages that are needed to install php scripts and check that php scripts and its common shared packages are installed appropriately...
Old 10-08-2009

Thanks for your replies guys! I will try those things as soon as i reach home. Well if i have any problems i will post back. I will first see if there are any missing dependency packages and then will try to install everything again... Thanks again...

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , ,