Thread: How to roll back the Virtual Machine

How to roll back the Virtual Machine

Hello,

I am using MS Virtual PC 2007. "undo disks" is enabled in the setting of my VM. "Restore virtual machine when starting VPC" is chose in option
    of VPC. Vmadditions13.803 was installed. After running in the VM I shutdown the guest OS (Vista) with "save change to undo disk" option, a
    x----x.vud file is created in the same folder of x---x.vhd and x---x.vmc. I want to roll back my VM in the next start neglecting all changes in the previous session.When I restart the guest OS all changes remain here I can't find out what is wrong..

hoping a rampant solution...
    thanks for reading me

Re: How to roll back the Virtual Machine

Dude VM solutions are not able to be totally behind the hosts firewall like that, but in using (Shared Networking (NAT), you can't get to the VM from outside, which is I think what you need.Virtual PC 2007 is the right platform for you. Forget DOS as it pain to install. I have a DOS/Win311 installation, and it has taken a long time to get it running with TCP networking, extended video and sound - Win98 just installs with everything. Forget burning from a virtual machine, but share the folders to the host and burn from there.With Win98 and the installed extensions, you can drag files between the host and virtual machines with the file explorer. Copy and paste also works between the host and virtual machines.

Re: How to roll back the Virtual Machine

My guess is it depends on certain conditions.Have you enabled the option to commit changes? If so, the original VHD now contains your changes.If not, shut down the VM with the "Turn off and delete changes" option and you'll revert.I suppose performance lose, using undo disk,for the need to work with 2 files simultaneously,and due probably more complex data.