Thread: Compaq Armada m700 ATI Driver Issue

Compaq Armada m700 ATI Driver Issue

Hello everybody,

On my Compaq Armada I have just installed SUSE 9.2. I have the ATI video card of course.When log into the computer, there is a part at the bottom where it cut the top of the screen off and placed it at the bottom of my LCD.which tells me to move the mouse way up just to get to the bottom of the screen. I can log in under fail safe mode as root and the screen works perfectly. Someone please help me get my LCD configured properly to avoid installing SUSE.any here who can offer me some kind of help..

it would be greatly appreciated..!!!

Re: Compaq Armada m700 ATI Driver Issue

Dude,How does your display looks like when you access Setup (BIOS) by tapping the F10 key on boot? You should test the laptop on an external monitor too. Without a reply to these tests, I offer an educated guess that the inverter board is the problem. You can not order a replacement inverter board for this Armada regarding the driver issue ... I would remove or perform a roll-back of the current driver for the display adapter & after wards install SP18896.

I had same situation with the same machine just like you are right now I just installed Suse 9.2 and I have the same problem with my armada m700. the only solution i can come up with is to start suse with the monitor shut. if works for me every time for me that way. hope it works for you.

Cheers..!!

Your issue would normally suggest that the video driver is not loaded. In which case the PC defaults to the min 640x480 16 colours. The compaq has a ATI Rage Driver.Grab all drivers for you machine from website.Use the link to choose your version of Windows to download the video driver and any other driver you may be missing.