Thread: Windows XP network users management

Windows XP network users management

I am using Windows XP from many time. But recently I added many of computers to my network in order to setup a small organization. Now I would like to know how can I handle all of my network users/computers on my network using my computer. Is there any tool available for network users management on Windows XP?

Re: Windows XP network users management

Computer Management is a collection of administrative tools that you can be used to manage a single local or remote computer. It combines several administrative utilities into a console tree, and it provides easy access to administrative properties and tools.

You can use Computer Management to:

* Monitor system events, such as logon times and application errors.
    * Create and manage shared resources.
    * View a list of users who are connected to a local or remote computer.
    * Start and stop system services, such as Task Scheduler and Indexing Service.
    * Set properties for storage devices.
    * View device configurations and add new device drivers.
    * Manage applications and services.

UserManagemeNT Lite is the free version of UserManagemeNT Professional. It features advanced user creation for Windows NT and Active Directory networks including user resources, such as home directories & shares, customizable permissions, group memberships and Exchange mailboxes. UserManagemeNT Lite features a graphical user interface, advanced username and password generation algorithms and template based configuration

You can use Computer Management to connect to another computer and see all the activities and/or mange it on your own way. To connect to and use Computer Management on another computer:

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel. Click Performance and Maintenance, click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Computer Management.
    2. Right-click Computer Management (Local), and then click Connect to another computer.
    3. Click Another Computer, and then type the name of the computer that you want to manage remotely, or click Browse to locate the computer. Click OK and then click OK to return to the Computer Management window. The Computer Management window of the remote computer is displayed. The name of the remote computer is displayed at the root of the console tree.
    4. In the console tree, expand System Tools, Storage, or Services and Applications to view the tools and services in each of these containers.
    5. Click the item that you want (for example, Event Viewer) to use the tool, and then view the information that is associated with it.