Thread: Windows cannot find C\Documents

Windows cannot find C\Documents

I have installed Windows XP SP3 as my Operating system and everything was working fine but today when i turn on my computer i got a error message at the startup saying that it cannot find my 'C:\Documents' when clearly it's there, also once I click "OK" it pops up other error messages such as Cannot find. I just want to know how can I get rid of this error message at the startup because it's annoying or how can i fix it? Please help me and thank you.

It might happen that some of the files would have got corrupted because of which whenever your windows get start you are getting this message in that case i would recommend you to go into safe mode and and type msconfig and give the path for it and then i hope you should not get any issue.

I have try a lot but still getting same error message when i asked my friend about the same he told me that this would be some virus issue because of which you are getting such kind of message is it true, please i don't want to format my computer because recently only i had install new windows.

It seems that your computer is being infected virus because of which some of the files might had got corrupted and and if you don't want to format your computer then Just insert your windows bootable dis and then go to Start menu click on run. In the box type cmd and give the following commands. Type CD %userprofile%\"My Documents". Wiat for a moment. Then if nothing happens then try this cd\ cd %userprofile%. Give Dir to see all the sub directors. If you see the folder then by cmd copy paste them.

I was also facing such kind of issue, i try to download the attachment and then open registry window over here go to file menu and select export. Give a name and save the file on desktop. Download the below file unzip it and run it. Then restart your system and check weather the folders are back or not.